Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Counting down to ETCHED - #9

In ETCHED IN LIES, 16-year-old Dylan Lord has just discovered she can physically feel the lies told to or around her... she struggles to come to terms with a world and an existence in which she must seek for the truth at all costs.

As I prepared and wrote this story, I had to do some research about lies.

To celebrate ETCHED's release on December 11, 2015, I am counting down to one with some of the fun fact and interesting ideas I stumbled upon in the name of writing... as well as a tidbit or two about how I came up with the idea....

Happy Reading!

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

9. Employer/Employee Lies

Some people have gotten creative in their lies as they call off work, or show up late. On The Hiring Site, one of the most ridiculous reasons was recorded as being: "I got sick from reading too much..." IS that even possible?

However this person, with a creative lie, should be given...credit? "I got lost and drove to another state."

Sadly, we all know someone who may not be lying when they say that....

And let us know forget that horrible "doctor's appointment" which I feel is still the most tried and true employee lie.

And recorded as being the most common Employer lie: "There are always advancement opportunities..."

10. Greatest Lies In History (See 12/1/15 Post)


No comments:

Post a Comment