Friday, December 4, 2015

Counting down to ETCHED.... #7

In ETCHED IN LIES, 16-year-old Dylan Lord has just discovered she can physically feel the lies told to or around her... she struggles to come to terms with a world and an existence in which she must seek for the truth at all costs.

As I prepared and wrote this story, I had to do some research about lies.

To celebrate ETCHED's release on December 11, 2015, I am counting down to one with some of the fun fact and interesting ideas I stumbled upon in the name of writing... as well as a tidbit or two about how I came up with the idea....

Happy Reading!

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

7. Well known Quotes about Lying

It was a quote that drove the original concept for ETCHED... so today I'll share a few of the other quotes I found along the way. Want to know what quote drove ETCHED? Check back in later...

Mark Twain
“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
― Fyodor DostoyevskyThe Brothers Karamazov
S.E. Hinton
“I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me.”
― S.E. HintonThe Outsiders

Virginia Woolf
“If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.”
― Virginia Woolf

A.S. King“Isn't it funny how we live inside the lies we believe?”
― A.S. KingPlease Ignore Vera Dietz

8. Lies Girls tell Girls (See 12/3/15 Post)

9. Employee/Employer Lies (See 12/2/15 Post)

10. Greatest Lies In History (See 12/1/15 Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment