Thursday, December 10, 2015

Countdown to ETCHED: #1

In ETCHED IN LIES, 16-year-old Dylan Lord has just discovered she can physically feel the lies told to or around her... she struggles to come to terms with a world and an existence in which she must seek for the truth at all costs.

As I prepared and wrote this story, I had to do some research about lies.

To celebrate ETCHED's release on December 11, 2015, I am counting down to one with some of the fun fact and interesting ideas I stumbled upon in the name of writing... as well as a tidbit or two about how I came up with the idea....

Happy Reading!

1. The Most Common Lie

I can't believe we've made it to number one! And that means.... #eeeep! Tomorrow ETCHED hits the shelves! I hope you'll be able to see the influence of some of the countdown in ETCHED.... but let's finish this first.

I tried to save the best for last...

In all my research and review of lies, there was one that had ended up in or at the top of tons of lists, and it's one that I'm sure we've all said at one point or another... one that can be innocent enough - except that it really  isn't, because it usually requires a lie not only to whomever you are talking, but in some cases, also to yourself....

So what's the most common lie?

I'm fine.


Something to think about... Thanks for joining me for this count down.

Chat soon!

2. The Quote that inspired ETCHED (See 12/9/15)

3. Children.... (See 12/8/15)

4. Lies we tell ourselves (See 12/7/15)

5. And now for the lies Girls tell Guys (See 12/6/15)

6. Lies Guys Tell... (See 12/5/15)

7. Well known Quotes about Lying (See 12/4/15)

8. Lies Girls tell Girls (See 12/3/15 Post)

9. Employee/Employer Lies (See 12/2/15 Post)

10. Greatest Lies In History (See 12/1/15 Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment