Thursday, December 3, 2015

Counting down to ETCHED - #8

In ETCHED IN LIES, 16-year-old Dylan Lord has just discovered she can physically feel the lies told to or around her... she struggles to come to terms with a world and an existence in which she must seek for the truth at all costs.

As I prepared and wrote this story, I had to do some research about lies.

To celebrate ETCHED's release on December 11, 2015, I am counting down to one with some of the fun fact and interesting ideas I stumbled upon in the name of writing... as well as a tidbit or two about how I came up with the idea....

Happy Reading!

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.

8. Lies Girls tell other Girls...

It was interesting researching this topic - as there is LOTS out there about the lies we tell to the opposite sex...and vice versa, but apparently (coughs) girls don't lie to other girls...NOT! Here are a few I've heard in my life as a teacher:

  • No, I don't like him like that. or We're just friends.
  • That outfit is really cute. or You look like you've lost weight.
  • I'll call you later.
Each of these would be simple enough, and in some cases are being stated sincerely, but chances are the idea is just filler and the usual eye roll or muttered curse that follows is a pretty good indication of that...

9. Well known Quotes about Lying (See 12/2/15 Post)

10. Greatest Lies In History (See 12/1/15 Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment