Monday, December 7, 2015

Counting down to ETCHED: #4

In ETCHED IN LIES, 16-year-old Dylan Lord has just discovered she can physically feel the lies told to or around her... she struggles to come to terms with a world and an existence in which she must seek for the truth at all costs.

As I prepared and wrote this story, I had to do some research about lies.

To celebrate ETCHED's release on December 11, 2015, I am counting down to one with some of the fun fact and interesting ideas I stumbled upon in the name of writing... as well as a tidbit or two about how I came up with the idea....

Happy Reading!

1.
2.
3.

4. Lies we tell ourselves 

It's bad enough we lie to others, but we can't even handle the truth in our own minds - something Dylan had to come to terms with in the story... so, here are a few of the most common ones - for both guys and girls - Lies are equal opportunity....

  • If only I had (fill in blank), I'd be happy.
  • If I ignore it, it will go away.
  • My life is so much harder/ worse/ more problematic then everyone else's.
  • I don't have a choice.
  • I'll do it tomorrow.
So be honest with yourself - how many of these 5 have you thought at one point or another? Something to ponder....

5. And now for the lies Girls tell Guys (See 12/6/15)

6. Lies Guys Tell... (See 12/5/15)

7. Well known Quotes about Lying (See 12/4/15)

8. Lies Girls tell Girls (See 12/3/15 Post)

9. Employee/Employer Lies (See 12/2/15 Post)




10. Greatest Lies In History (See 12/1/15 Post)

No comments:

Post a Comment