Monday, November 16, 2015

Put it in the pot!

So this week's Crock Pot meal will not be prepared until Tuesday.... have I mentioned November
hates me? Not really - but maybe a little.

I have been neck deep in words - pounding keys as quickly as the story will unfold because life just has too many things planned for me - which is why Tuesday will be crock pot day!

Last Christmas, my brother got me a programmable crock pot - the problem that I had previously run into was that I left really early for work - and most meals only needed 7-8 hours to cook - I was usually gone at least 10 (on a good day) - therefore a programmable crock pot + freezer prepped meal = yummy food that was completely over cooked or dried out.

The recipe? Slow Cooker Bourbon Street Chicken - you can get the recipe I'm using via https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2034705

This particular meal has been prepped and waiting in the freezer for a few weeks. I just bought the last ingredient - Apple Juice at the store - so we're ready to go!

Now let's hope I remember to actually (1) put it in the pot (2) turn the pot on... both have not happened before and I didn't even have NaNo to blame...

Wish me luck...
Now get back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment