Sunday, November 8, 2015

NaNo Crock Pot

I had what I thought was a great idea to share some easy and yummy recipes this month to ensure that people lucky enough, or unfortunate enough - to live with a writer during NaNoWriMo would still be able to eat.

And then... I happened to google something and found that someone else had the same idea a few years ago. So I deleted this post and moved on with my life...

Until this morning when I prepped a crock pot meal I had never made before... If it ends up tasting even half as yummy as it already smells the prep time will be worth it. So I figured what the heck - nothing wrong with offering a bit of help - right?

So this week's crock pot meal was found via Facebook and Pinterest. It is: Disneyland's Slow-Cooked Beef Stew.

You can check out the meal yourself via https://www.pinterest.com/pin/554857616570406568/

Please note I will not be scooping out a hard roll to make a Mickey shaped bowl for the finished product - much to the dismay of my little girl... maybe another time.

I have tried to select meals that are easy to prep and will offer a decent meal plus provide left overs... to feed the family while I pound keys later this week.

It too me about half an hour - maybe a bit more to prep as I was trying to multitask without my daily allotment of caffeine via tea - but it still wasn't too messy. I did need two good size bowls as I prepared - one for the meat once browned so that I could saute the garlic and onions, and another for the potatoes, carrots and celery (I didn't add mushrooms - not a fan)...

I'll be sure to share how the finished product turned out once it's done cooking!

Do you have a favorite? Please share and I'll pass it along!

No comments:

Post a Comment