Monday, May 26, 2014

Checking in one last time #YABbootcamp

I'd love to say that I stayed strong, and completed all my goals....but I can't. Life, as it usually does, got in the way more than I would have liked.

BUT I did make progress in each of the goals I set forth at the beginning of the boot camp, and I can honestly say that #YABbootcamp helped me get further than I would have if left to my own devices. That is both awesome and saddening at the same time.

But spring is hard for me. Real life demands a lot in these three months - a lot more than I realized when I decided to jump on and walk the plank.

And these three months have left me with lots to think about as I move forward.

SO: status:

I DID edit some, and in so doing, really evaluated the genre. I went NA with the story - a shift I was happy with, but has left me wondering if the characters survived the shift - jury is still out.

I DID send query drafts and a few rounds to my CP of awesome for some valuable positive and negative feedback

I DID get to see and provide feedback for that same CP of awesome - and I was soooooo happy to see words from her. I think that inspired me to keep going.


Where do I go from here?

Forward.

I think the query for WHITE LIES I've been playing with is finally ready for a round with agents.

STATIC - thought definitely still a draft is going somewhere - and there WILL be time in the near future to play with it more.

Thanks YA Buccaneers for a lot of fun, the chance to meet some truly awesome and inspiring teammates, and the time (and accountability) to keep writing even when everything was in my way!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the Boot Camp success, Andrea! I am in the same boat (pun intended) as you - I didn't get as much as I would've liked in these three months but got more done than I would've if I hadn't had the encouragement of Boot Camp and teammates! Have a great week and keep moving forward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your queries! It sounds like you've put the work in. Sending out to readers is huge, so that's a big step in the right direction. I hope to get my WIP full out to a few readers soon.

    ReplyDelete