Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What's Up Wednesday - March 12, 2014

I've wanted to do this - to follow through with the What's Up posts, but I never could get in the grove - but I'm hoping the #YABbootcamp will be that little kick I needed to really shift my focus and routines. Be warned that craziness will ensure over the next three months - and into the foreseeable future. That is just my life in 2014 - though I am just now getting the memo ;)
  • WHAT I'M READING

Currently, I'm reading Two by LeighAnn Kopans, the second in the One Universe series.
  • WHAT I'M WRITING

Thanks to the YABucaneers and the #YABbootcamp, I am working on an at present untitled YA that I drafted during Nanowrimo 2012. Yes - 2012. It's one I've wanted to pull out and play with, but up until now, really haven't had the time since I was editing and querying WHITE LIES, which I am still also doing. You know that they say about chickens and eggs and hatching...

Nano2012 is sort of a cool older YA premise that is very "big brother is watching".... but in this case...Big Brother isn't watching...he's listening - and when he hears something he doesn't like - things happen...
  • WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW

After the harshness of this winter (including the possible *gasp* snow of tonight) - anything springy is inspiring me. Birds... SUNLIGHT!!!!!

And I must provide a major shout out to the #YABbootcamp participants, who's sheer enthusiasm is encouraging me to really put myself out there and see what I can do with this draft.
  • WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO

The what else is a  huge time suck... let's see:
I've been working with my Junior Class (I'm a class advisor) as we continue to plan prom and start making items for the event
I've been working with my Student Council (another advisory role) as we plan spirit games, workshops for a district conference, a carnival at the end of the year and prepare to put in a bid to host a conference (because I can sleep when I'm dead....)
I've been working out almost every day - including: Zumba x3/week; Treadmill and/or Rowing at least x3/week
And I must mention my fabulous little girl who deserves every free moment I can give her, and probably 10x more.

And now, I must get to that writing I've spoke of a bit.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment