Monday, February 6, 2012

The Journey

I love to write. I may not do it consistently, but I still get swept away by an idea and love the thrill of the unknown.

I love to write. I may have allowed a few "inspirational" successful writers tell me that if I can't write every day then I must not REALLY want it. (Though at the time all I really wanted to do was tell "inspirational" writer where to shove it.)

I love to write, and have been actively trying to improve as a writer for the past two years. I have been writing for... yeah, I'll plead the fifth on that one, but it wasn't until much more recently that I realized that I loved it.

It also wasn't until recently - and when I say recently, I don't mean yesterday, I mean about the last year and a half, that I have begun to see just how much goes into writing and then publishing the written word, and that I truly began to take a serious approach to being a writer and wanting to become a published author.

This blog will highlight some of the highs and lows that I have discovered along my journey, and will hopefully help me laugh at some more speed bumps that I am sure I'll stumble upon in the coming days - weeks - months - years.

Care to join me for the journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment